Monday 13 February 2012

Do what you love- love what you do!

I have to say, I do truly love every aspect of my job. So much so that most of the time it doesn't feel like work.

I love sourcing, hunting, uncovering and discovering. I love buying, trading, bidding and bargaining. I love dusting, shining, tagging and blogging. I love listing, photographing, posting and parcelling. I love arranging, grouping, merchandising and styling.

I think, I realized JUST how much I loved it after a sleepless Saturday night in a dodgy motel, a 5am start, an 8 hour hunt for treasures and a 4 hour drive home alone.

With a massive bag of m&m's and a large espresso to keep me going......Despite being exhausted, i still couldn't wipe the smile off my face......recalling the day, the fabulous finds found.....catching up with fellow hunters, old friendly faces not seen for a while and some new friends made....

Really..... What's not to love?
And I know all of you vintage lovers will understand.
It is a way of life really......

And the photos......




Oh to be 5 years old again......




Gorgeous shoe lasts




Google eyed dolls- so ..... Ummmm...... Weirdly cute!!??





Rustic tin jugs......




Clocks.....




And more clocks




Fabulous enamel light shades, wood and metal school chairs and wood and metal ironing board..... Yum




The return of our mini soda bottles








Large number stamps





Grab the chambers....




More spools.... White painted tops.




Red enamel lanterns.... 4 available




Very vintage little tin medicine cabinets....

All shed bound Friday..... Email for price enquiries.

Have a great week fellow vintage lovers..

Bec xx





Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Oh Bec this is an AWESOME haul....The ONLY aspect about this job that I really have an issue with is that I have SO MUCH FUN, I find it hard sometimes to convince Mr SVJ that I REALLY am working....hahahaha....Aside from this, I couldn't agree more....!

Hope you're both having a BRILLIANT week....!

Cheers,
Tamarah :o)

fabriquefantastique said...

I'm with you on this one......
except I hate this new bloody blogger word verification