Tuesday, 20 September 2011

PROJECTS

Hi everybody hope you are well... Apologies for the lack of posting lately, Bec and I are working on a freelance sourcing job and it hasn't left time for much else..

 Anyway I thought I would show a few little projects I am slowly working on.. Last year I made an advent calender from linen and and fabric scraps and it went down at treat so I am going to try and have a couple ready for this year... they take forever to make and last year I crammed it all into to one week so I am trying to be a bit more organised this year and get a head start..



Still a little way to go and my friend Jacinta is going to help finish these off, the pockets will be added to a large piece of linen and then a piece wooden doweling will be attached to the top for hanging..







And the second one- not really a project just a little bit of messing around with paint- we have a group lot of these bottles - which we think are old oil bottles... So they are nice but I have always fancied having a go at making colourful vases with paint. So the main thing here is not to look to closely as I still need to fine tune my paint swishing technique! But overall I am really happy with the way it looks with these cheapo fake flowers and grouped together with a couple of random things from around the house. I have to say it makes me smile whenever I walk past it- cheesy I know!

That all for now, we have been enjoying some beautiful Sunshine the last few days in Melbourne , summer is coming and I cant wait to see what it brings for our little business,

Take care wherever you are ! Xx



3 comments:

claire said...

advent calenders! cant wait for Christmas!!

Squiggly Rainbow said...

Your advent calenders are just gorgeous Simone! Love them! Those jars look great too! So clever xx

Jacinta @ modelmumma said...

Oh I've been loving those painted jars, yours look fab. Another thing to put on the "to try" list.
xox