Saturday 29 October 2011

Rancho Friday

....as my husband calls it..."Rancho Relaxo", and that is just what I did yesterday.

Don't you just love a day at home with nowhere to be and nothing to do? Of course, being the restless person I am, I set about reviewing the house. It has been 2 months now since we moved and pieces of furniture were still sitting where the removalists placed them, so I decided it was time to have "a play".

I moved this cupboard from the front door where it wasn't really serving any purpose, to the dining area where it has replaced the kitchen hutch to house my dishes.....



I stacked some old coloured beehive boxes to make shelves either side of the back door. They worked out really well and I soooo enjoyed doing little instillations within each box...



My two favourite "non vintage" things. My Katherine Hattam artwork and my David Bromley oxidised paint pot and brushes. Now sitting proudly side by side at the front entrance.

My newly arranged desk / work area. Despite the fact that we now have a larger house and a spare room, my desk is in the living room where everyone is and everyone gravitates towards. I don't like sitting in a room alone away from th action, plus I can keep an eye on the kids when they are on the computer.
Lastly, I just had to share my find of the week.....8 Indian clubs all exactly the same...
not something you see everyday? And photographed with the clock to show you how big they are.....aaaahhhhh will enjoy these sitting on my mantle for a few days before they head down to the Vintage Shed.

Enjoy the long weekend.....The Vintage Shed is open all day Monday and Tuesday this week, so get on down there and wallow in vintage treasures!!

Bec

4 comments:

Hello Vintage said...

You make it look so easy! Nothing looks right when I try and display things, you must have the knack for it me thinks! So many things to look at...love it. Sherry :)

VINTAGE GIRL said...

Thanks Sherry.

simmone said...

Sounds like you had a productive day,the new/old displays are looking wonderful,very clever.Have fun.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog from crazy house capers...I love your idea of stacking the 3 wooden crates up vertically for a quick bookcase/display shelf...reminding me again why I need to get on "pintrest"
Cheers from the States,

Leah